Monday, June 9, 2014

Amanda's Sweet Sixteen~

calligraphy*Photography by: Expressions by Nicole Marie


Last month I shared a snippet of my daughter, Amanda's Sweet 16 party.  It was featured in the Spring/Summer issue of Bird's Party Magazine. I'm excited to share every little detail with you today!


 
 
 
What fun is a party without confetti?
We figured a party as special as a Sweet Sixteen needed it's own Confetti Bar!!


The idea was for Amanda's friends to neatly fill their adorable, gold polka-dotted bags with confetti and playfully toss a few pinches into the air, taking the rest home...what actually happened was more like a confetti war!! It was flying EVERYWHERE, nobody was spared...even the grandparents went home that night picking confetti from their hair, but it was certainly the most beautiful mess I've ever seen!!!





These trendy, glittered ponytail holders were one of the parting gifts for the girls, these actually made it into their bags...


By far, Amanda's little cousins' favorite part of the party, the candy/kettle corn station...


After dinner everyone helped themselves to some snacks, then headed out to the main room to watch Frozen {it had just come out on dvd, so not everybody had seen it yet... and nobody was tired of hearing the songs yet either!!}



There were so many sweets to choose from: vanilla cupcakes with Swiss meringue butter cream, decorated sugar cookies, French macaroons, pretty chocolate covered Oreos, custom lollipops, white chocolate-dipped marshmallows, and chocolate cake pops... and of course, cake!


 
 
 
 


 




 








 
 

The guests had fun signing and decorating these adorable pillows with Sharpies...
 


Thanks for stopping by, and for always being so SWEET!! xo


 
 
 Vendor Credits:
 
* Styling, Cakes and Cookies: Frog Prince Cake and Cookie Design

* Sweet 16 Chalkboard Party Printables: Bird's Party

* Custom and Personalized Lollipops: Vintage Confections

* Sequin tablecloths: Candy Crush Event/Shop 

* Confetti wands: Oh Goodie Designs

* Marshmallow Candy: Sweet Servings 

* Candy, gumball machine, vinyl tablecloths, decorations: Oriental Trading 

* Glitter hair ties: Turnip Creations

* Gold polka dot favor bags: Pretty My Party 

* Floral crowns, confetti bar sign: Peckled

* Hand lettered envelopes, chalkboard calligraphy signs: Deborah Nadel Design

* Pillows: Cupcake with Character

* Gold, vinyl hearts on pillows and wall fringe: Nikki in Stitches 

* Confetti/tassel balloons, sweet 16 banner: One Stylish Party

* Chalkboard decal on backdrop: Ten23 Designs

* Mini Oreos: Bella's Bakery and Bowtique

* Pink tulle poms: Fizzy Party

* Serving pieces: Sweetly Chic Events
 
* French Macaroons: Trudy Bandmann :)
 
 
 
A few fun DIY's from this party:
  • White, Brick Wall Backdrop- I bought a brick wall panel from Lowes (around $20), painted it white and propped it up against the pane of windows.  the guests thought it was a real wall.

  • Chalkboard Backdrop- I used a picture frame, chalkboard paint, and custom vinyl decal. I mounted the picture frame to the wall using removable mounting tape.
  • Fringe Wall Backdrop- I had a HUGE wall mural I needed to cover, so I called my crafty friend, Nikki, In Stitches and she went to work... she used tissue paper from the dollar store, and fringing scissors.  I hung the fringe in overlapping layers (with the help of my bff Linda Griffin xo) using painters tape. The tape came down easily at the end of the night, and the mural was perfectly fine.
  • Creeping Vine (seen in a few of the photos above...look closely) I bought a potted plant from Ikea for around $2, cut the branches off and using my hot glue gun, stuck them together to form vines.
  • Clear, Glitter-Filled Balloons- I bought clear balloons from Oriental Trading and filled them with confetti made from dollar store tissue paper.  Around $7 for 20 balloons.
 
  • Pink Window Valance- I used pink, plastic tablecloths to cover a brightly colored window valance that did not match the party decor. I cut the tablecloth in half, lengthwise and used masking tape to secure it to the top of the existing valance.  I folded it as I went to give it a ruffled look.

  • Pink Tulle Pom Centerpieces- I popped these cuties in white, milk glass vases and staggered them along the centers of the dining tables. I used pink, tulle poms, wooden dowels that I spray painted gold, and my hot glue gun to attach the pom to the dowel.
I hope you're inspired to try some of these at your next party!!
xo Linda
 
 
 
This review is based strictly on my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the products listed above. I was provided the samples free of charge by the company or PR agency and I provided my honest opinion. No other type of compensation was received for this review.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment