Saturday, January 24, 2015

Believe! (A Celebration)


It's a beautiful, crisp, snowy day here in Doylestown.  Perfect for a recap of this sweet party I helped out with last month... this wasn't just ANY party, this was the best type of party; we celebrated my nephew, Jackson being cancer-free (WOOHOOO!!!!)
 Here's a photo of the much-tougher-than-his-cute-face-lets-on super kid (far right).
The mantra my sister in law, Kristen has lived with for the past 3 years is,"Believe"; a word with so much meaning behind it for their family. It lent itself perfectly to a Polar Express theme.

I made a sheet cake with a winter scene; butter cream icing sprinkled with powdered sugar, fondant pine trees with royal icing "snow" on them, and a fondant train to mimic the one from the book/movie. The beautiful gold, glittered cake topper and labels below were made by my crafty friend, Andrea of Paper and Pop.


The pretty, Believe labels were tied onto these large jingle bells from Oriental Trading. They had ornament hooks and red ribbons attached and were given out to the adults as favors.
 
These fun, vintage train whistles; also from Oriental Trading, were given out to the kids!
 
The movie, Polar Express played on a big movie screen, while guests enjoyed popcorn and a hot chocolate bar- yum!!


These pepermint spoons (Oriental Trading) were the hit of the hot chocolate bar, certain adults (cough- me) loved them just as much as the kids!! Come on, it's a spoon....made from peppermint!!!

 
Thanks for stopping by...this was just the best party in so many ways and I'm glad I could share it with you guys!!
 
 
 
 xo
 
 
 
 




This review is based strictly on my own opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the products listed above. I was provided the samples free of charge by the company or PR agency and I provided my honest opinion. No other type of compensation was received for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment