Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Fall Ball- 12th Birthday Party




My daughter, Kati was born on October 31st, and loves a good Halloween themed party. This year she turned twelve, and wanted to do something somewhat different with the theme; glam it up a little.  We decided on having a Birthday Ball with rustic Fall elements, while keeping in mind the classic elegance of a royal ball. We decided on a neutral palette: peach, white, light cranberry, with some silver and gold accents thrown in.


Knowing how important the invitations are for giving guests the first glimpse of the party theme, I went right to Love Greyson Events. https://m.facebook.com/pages/Love-Greyson-Events/159595124051005
Valerie brought my vision to life with beautiful water colored, floral invitations. 


I carried the water color element into the sweet table backdrop, which was a light washed floral painting with the words, “This Ball Doesn’t End at 12”. The beautiful script letters were made by Sweetly Chic Events. http://sweetlychicevents.com/


Everyone’s favorite element of the party was the sweet table. My husband, Matt made caramel apples which were a huge hit! I added beautiful, edible leaves by Sugar Robot 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/SugarRobot
which made them even more irresistible. Our talented friend, Trudy made flawless meringue mushrooms that tasted as good as they looked. I made chocolate cake balls shaped like little, white ,Cinderella pumpkins, and sat them in a bed of ground graham crackers. These were so easy to make, and were served in tiny, plastic martini glasses which was so fun for the girls.







The birthday girl invited everyone to dress up for this party. She greeted her guests wearing a beautiful silver tutu adorned with rhinestones, hand made by my favorite tutu designers at Atutudes.


The tablescape was set with fine china, ornate silver candleabras, holding glass pumpkins, and an autumn table runner comprised of Styrofoam leaves, pumpkins, and gourds. I sprayed this with a gold glitter spray paint. it didn’t change the colors, but added a hint of shine which I loved! I placed a cute, collapsible paper pumpkin place card on each place setting, It looked adorable, but they did need to be taped down because of the wind gusts we were experiencing during set up. Except for the wind, we had a beautiful day; the sun was glistening through the pine trees, and made for some beautiful photos.

The party was set up at a quaint, local farm. The rustic, stone farmhouse, and surrounding acres of woods lent itself perfectly as the backdrop. I thought it would be fun to add some natural elements to the décor, so I used gold spray paint to give pinecones a more glam look, bought some moss covered mushrooms from the craft store, and used pretty, fabric fall leaves ordered from Oriental Trading. http://m.orientaltrading.com/
I scattered them around the grounds, and display tables; it added a nice contrast from the fine china and elegant, peach sequined table linens by Candy Crush Shop. 
This tablecloth was so ridiculously beautiful in person...



As the guests arrived they made floral crowns with supplies I bought at the craft store, and the dollar store. I’m all about saving money, but the crowns turned out so nice that they didn't show it at all. The girls wore them throughout the party, so I knew that was a craft win! 






   (I had to snap a photo of this cutie with my iPhone).

 I also set up a table of edible jewels: gumball necklaces, candy bracelets and ring pops which the girls took home as favors. Thanks for stopping by! xo


All photos by Expressions by Nicole Marie

I received items from Oriental Trading.
 This review is based strictly on my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the products listed above. I was provided the samples free of charge by the company or PR agency and I provided my honest opinion. No other type of compensation was received for this review.


✨Kati's Fall Birthday Ball was featured in one of my favorite magazines, Bird's Party!!! You can view the ezine by following this link:

While you're there, keep an eye out for my Monster High Cupcake toppers...


Photo credit: Sara G. Photography 

No comments:

Post a Comment